2016 has already started out to be an exciting year – which has been enhanced by the commitment and dedication of our energetic membership. It is my sincere pleasure to be your Chapter’s 2016 President. Let me start by thanking each of you for helping make this a special year marked with success.
Here are just a couple of the reasons you should join me in the excitement surrounding this year:
- Our Board of Directors has approved a new mission statement, which summarizes the direction of the Chapter: “Building Better Communities Through Responsible Leadership: CAI provides education, networking, resources and advocacy for community associations and the professionals who support them.” Crafting our mission statement to better fit our goals will impact our organization positively by strengthening our strategic, long-term planning.
- The Board has renewed its commitment to invest in education, and specifically in the education of our manager members. We are providing scholarships to managers wishing to undertake the courses necessary to obtain their certification through CAI’s Professional Management Development Program.
- The Programs committee has already plotted a year full of high-end educational programs, with timely and cutting edge topics and provocative speakers. By presenting our members with this relevant and useful information, we will continue to lead the industry as our members have come to expect.
In addition, the Board of Directors is continuing with its commitment to engage in long-term planning – we are “growing organically”, through our continued focus on our members and the value CAI brings to communities and their Boards of Directors and managers. We recognize that we must strategically focus our strengths on reaching the goals we have set as an organization to best serve our membership. Here are a few of the goals we have set out to achieve:
- The Chapter will continue to focus on professionalism, sending the message that we take education seriously;
- We are in the process of forming a Past-President’s Council; and
- The Board has formed a “Communications Sub-Committee” to focus on recognizing the successes and achievements made by our homeowner board members for those making significant impacts within their own communities and our community managers for their personal advancements in the industry.
At January’s educational luncheon, I challenged all members to “spread the word” about the value CAI brings to you and your communities and to forward your efforts to Leah Ross, our Executive Director. Because we want to see our membership grow, the Board is also committed to doing the same, and will monitor its own progress, as well as yours. We look forward to the opportunity to acknowledge those members that go above and beyond their call. It’s your time to shine!
Our chapter is so special and successful because our membership base is made up of a diverse and successful group of individuals (board members, managers and service providers), focused on growth and quality educational programs. We also recognize the importance of value; value to membership is important and we want to hear from you what, if anything, we can do to improve to enable you to “spread the word”.
Finally, I want to thank my fellow directors … your dedication and commitment of time to lead the Chapter are vital to achieving our goals for this year and years to come. Thank you to those serving on committees, especially the Committee Chairs; your work helps keep the chapter a thriving organization. Your accountability never fails to help us successfully complete the tasks required to make our events amazing. We know we can trust our Board of Directors and committee members to lead us to success in 2016, and we appreciate it beyond measure.
Your 2016 President,