CAI provides education, resources, advocacy and networking to the Homeowners Association industry with the commitment of helping homeowner volunteer leaders enrich their communities. Through CAI, you can learn about innovations in other communities, access time and money-saving tools, learn industry standards, have access to resources to equip you as a volunteer leader and take advantage of opportunities to share information and knowledge with your peers.
While joining CAI on your own is important, having your entire board connected to CAI is the best way to ensure you are making informed decisions – and an excellent way to help your board members achieve the results, respect and recognition they deserve.
Here are the resources and services you’ll receive as a CAI member:
- Board Member Tool Kit (one per board)
- Community Association Governance Guidelines
- Model Code of Ethics for Community Association Board Members
- Membership rate at Chapter Educational Programs including Board Member Training Course, educational luncheons and dinner programs, webinars and more.
- Common Ground, CAI-National’s Award-Winning Magazine
- Chapter Magazine, Channels of Communication
- Access to sample letters, notices, templates and forms to adapt for use in your community
- Service Directory
- Advocacy Center
- Publication Discounts
- Information & Tools
For more information and to join online, visit our national website.